Tuesday 31 August 2010

One last summer trip






It's raining and very cold today- our strange summer has changed faces again. It looks and feels like late October. I'm offering you a last summer trip, from a lake to another.
The first one, Vidraru, is one of the largest artificial lakes in our country (more than 28 km around), while the second is a glacier lake at 0ver 200 m of altitude.
To go from one to another you have to drive along the highest and most spectacular paved road in Romania, a strategic route crossing our tallest mountains to connect Transylvania and Wallachia. If you go beyond the glacier lake down in the valley, there is a beautiful waterfall, but we did not get as far as that- not now. We did some other time, by bike- it was pure horror for me- but that's another story.
I hope you enjoy the trip!

3 comments:

caluad said...

the landscape is breathtaking. No need to see the waterfall, if it is similar to these photos it must be impressive.
there are lots of things around us that deserve our attention. I'mstarting to think that I won't have enough time to see everything I want.I hope school was not too painful.
Tomorrow will be my first contact with this reality called "work". I'd rather dream about the sea and the mountains!

ivasil said...

Good morning.
I hope you did dream about traveling.
School here is not too painful- not in that old way. Demanding and tiring- often, because of some of the kids. But I don't feel awful about going to work, not anymore!
It's sunny but quite cold here. Have a good day. Be brave!

ivasil said...

I feel the same about all the interesting things to see (and learn), but it's not about how much, it's what you make of it. At least, this the thought I comfort myself with. :)