Monday 23 May 2011

pacific anger

Getting together to start a demonstration. Young people, adults, young couples, old people. Everyone with a problem, a question to society, a desire of a better democracy where everybody is really represented. Protesting against the way politicians from all the parties have managed the crisis, unemployment, lack of expectations, even fear about the future.

"They (politicians) don't represent us" " 5 million unemployed, none in silence" "don't look at us, join us" "bankers, robbers" chants for a march where one could not feel alone.

Messages against the unfair situation of people who have lost their jobs, their houses and still have to do up with corruption, luxury life among top classes, injustice.

"In Ávila I'm worth 40 people because my friends, the young ones, are in Madrid and Salamanca" For a town which does not provide its young people a way of living.
Despite this, people have chosen to move still to the less social power.
Can anybody understand it? Are we stupid? Is there any solidarity among us? What kind of future are we leaving our children?
I would aprreciate getting the answers.
Times aren't changing! Bob Dylan is not a classic any longer, his lyrics are not suitable nowadays!
A pity we are unable to start a new revolution.

6 comments:

ivasil said...

Were the elections local, or regional? I can see lots of young people in the photos. So, maybe they were the one to protest, but not enough to change the vote, since as you say they leave for bigger towns. And older people are less bold, more selfish, as you know.
I think you will not get any answers, but if some people awaken it may be a good sign. The young are always the catalyst. Maybe it takes a bit more, and it was too soon. Maybe more will wake up, and forget fear.
I think I understand how you feel. I'm sorry. Have hope.

caluad said...

both local and regional. In fact, you are right, young people are the ones to protest because the future is theirs. But the changes are needed by everybody.
At the moment I'm not feeling hopeful. These results could be an advance of what we can expect from next year general elections.
But we'll survive.

ivasil said...

I see.
Things can happen until the general elections next year. You once said that older people there are often stubborn- let's hope those young people are, too. And strong enough to go on.
Let me know what happens, OK?

ivasil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ivasil said...

I've heard about incidents involving protesters in Barcelona. I'm sorry. Everyone you know there is OK, right? I hope you have no new reason to worry. Bye.

caluad said...

He got out without injures. No problem there so far. thanks