Friday 28 August 2009

The other journeys

Being a keeper turns cleaning into a sentimental and philosophical journey. Drawers and books are huge reservoirs of memories and stories. It's never difficult to get small pieces of history from trips. It only takes a second to see and take the booklet, the visit card, the entrance tickets.
Once you have unpacked, these silent companions stay wrapped until you come across them.
This very moment is the beginning of a new journey into food, landscapes, currency. People that were by your side come again to your sight and their voices enter you like a gift. Every sense perceives an invitation to travel again.
It feels good to stop for second, collect those old stripes of time and be with the same people again.

2 comments:

ivasil said...

This is really touching.
I keep my souvenirs too, bu rarely look at them, because it still makes me feel a bit sad. Maybe later, it will be easier.
The places and the people in this remote spot will always be here for you.

ivasil said...

I'm doing pretty much the same, I have to make some room in my computer, I made back-ups for everything, project materials and photos, but I can't make myself delete them from here. Not even the folder with photos from Avila I still keep on mt desktop. I will, in a day or two...