Friday 2 July 2010

The Tree of Tears


I'll just tell the story without commenting it. I hope you like it. I'm sorry if I'm not good with words, I'm very tired- a lot of work for me these days.

Once upon a time, a young girl got married to a man living in another village. She was very unhappy because she could not get along with her husband and her in-laws.
One day, her mother came to visit and was deeply concerned to see the look on the young woman's face. As they could not talk in the husband's house, they went into the nearby forest, sat under a young green tree and the daughter opened her heart and wept out her pain.
Her mother said: I will go home soon. Since you will have nobody to talk to, you must promise me to come here at least once a week and tell this young tree about all your troubles, and sit here by it until you feel better and able to cope with everything.
After a few months, maybe even longer, the mother came to visit again and to her surprise found her daughter looking much better. They went to talk to the same place in the woods, and she asked if things had improved in her daughter's life.
No, the daughter said, but when I feel really down, I come here and tell it all to this tree, and then I feel my heart so much lighter.
The mother looked up to he tree with grateful eyes and only then did she notice that the tree that had been so full of life last time was now dying.

Romanian Jewish story found on the Internet. The photo is from badorgood.com.

5 comments:

caluad said...

It's a real beautiful story showing human necessity to have support. I wouldn't like to be this tree because I have lots of tears ahead, but some green buds might be appearing. Slowly but there.
thanks again and don't over-work.

ivasil said...

That's good news. Because that was what/who I was thinking of as I wrote it, obviously.
Have a nice Sunday.

ivasil said...

I was an apprentice carpenter today- I assembled a few small pieces of furniture, first time I've done that by myself. Contrary to Sorin's predictions, we did not find ourselves with a doghouse and many spare parts instead of the projected shoes cabinet, the shelf and the clothes hanger. :)
It felt nice and different making them, seeing them take shape. Excuse me for suggesting, but I was thinking that Lucia and you might benefit from some practical activities, making something or gardening- whatever she likes, just using your hands to get real, not virtual results. I suppose you've already thought of it- sorry.
Good night.

caluad said...

kind of twin souls, we are! We are getting a house herbal garden ready. I mean, LucĂ­a and me. she's choosing the herbs to be grown and the containers for our aromatic herbs. We're buying the containers, plants tomorrow. She has already found and tidied a place in our house terrace for the garden to be. She had already brought other decoration plants. And she's not bad at it, at the same time, she's very responsible with the watering and cutting dry leaves and flowers.That's something! Time, once again, twin soul, time for everybody!

ivasil said...

Somehow, I'd expect she was the kind of person who likes taking cake of any living being, even a plant. Just a feeling.
I was afraid you'd be angry because I suggested anything. Although, thinking is never a guilt,is it? Especially caring thinking.
Maybe some photos when the herbs grow...?
My cat is trying to fit her furry 8 kilos in the little bag we got in Prague, I have to stop her before it's torn.
Have a nice day!