Friday 14 January 2011

winter walk

A game of light and shadows allows the sight to imagine the geometry in constructions and the power of a bright sun leaves part of the old church in a dream.

Our eyes not always see the same. I may have gone past this gate on The Walls thousands of times and it was only yesterday when I read both the boards. Ironic for a vegetarian that one of the walks I enjoy the most is also called Rastro de la Carne. Meat. And of course the name is logical. The valley beyond produces the best meat in the province and of course, this gate would have been the entrance, in ancient times, for meat.
However if our intention is to percceive beauty, even our common eyes can discover the last colours of a glorious winter evening.

1 comment:

ivasil said...

Your winter days seem much sunnier than ours, I envy you. It's fog, gray and clouds here. The first photo made me miss Avila. Believe it or not, sometimes I dream I walk those streets.
According to Google, "rastro" means "trail", so The Meat Trail is definitely a walk for a vegetarian! :)By the way, we say "carne" too.
The last photo is wonderful!
PS I'm glad you think of geometry when you look at the buildings. Maths are not so bad! :)