Thursday 11 December 2008

Good people in Jun

Remember I told you about a village in the South of Spain where they were about to decide what to do with the Christmas budget, whether buying the typical decoration lights or paying unemployed people?
There are 2.500 inhabitants in Jun. There were 230 votes and, almost unanimously, they have decided to pay two unemployed people for 6 months.
The major says they will have a Christmas tree decorated with the population contributions.
I find it absolutely wonderful. It brings hope to this material world.
It shows that human beings are still able to think beyond their own nose.
Crisis may have triggered the neccesity, but anyway, these peole deserve a homage. Here's mine, a very humble but a sincere one.
May their behaviour have more followers. After all, decoration can be so easy as these cloth figures I'm cutting for our house.

4 comments:

ivasil said...

My admiration to those people.
I'm sure they will remember this Christmas for a long time.
It's nice to think that some can still give something to the others. Especially at Christmas time.

ivasil said...

I'm too curious not to ask: what are you going to do with these bright coloured little things? make a sort of garland? Hang them in the Christmas tree?

caluad said...

I'll show you when it's finished

ivasil said...

Great!