Monday 8 December 2008

Light sensations

The flickering flame of a candle, although a humble light, is able to take the eyes far away in time.
It always transports me to an ancestral discovery moment. It trigers the ancestors in me.

There is nothing so powerful and sad, at the same time, as the last bright in a candle. Can you imagine ancient people's desperation when thinking they were about to lose warmth and light?

Today's lights involve a different feeling. You know, there's an iniciative in a Town Hall in JaƩn, a town in the south of Spain. The ictizens are voting what to spend the Christmas budget on: paying for the lights or paying unemployed people. I'll tell you the result. Were I given the option, I'd vote for paying the unemployed people. And you?

1 comment:

ivasil said...

Need yo ask?
Please tell me the result.I'd like to know.
Nice, the candle and the mirror. The reflection enhances the mystery.