Tuesday 22 September 2009

Equinox

Another summer is ending today. A long way to go until the next one...
Autumn is still not very openly present: only its light and smell are here, and the cool mornings. It's only playing with us, throwing chestnuts and acorns at us, making us unsuspicious until it's strong enough to take over our lives. Still, it's not long before the colours will start changing and we'll look for a warm shelter for our dreams.
Here are the first and the last verses from a beautiful poem about autumn, belonging to a great contemporary woman writer, Ana Blandiana. Unfortunately, I found no translation and mine are usually terrible. I'm sorry for that.

Let me keep my green trees, fall
here, have my eyes instead;
in the yellow wind at dusk
trees were crying on their knees.
Let me keep the daytime, fall,
don't pour smoke into the sun,
turn me into nightfall-
I already am.

PS Remember the photo by any chance?

1 comment:

caluad said...

Beauty always remains, year after year. silently taking a new space in our lives.