Thursday 24 September 2009

Valladolid

The biggest park in town: El Campo Grande.

Nowadays a shopping street, it used to host the richest families in the 19th century. Big trade marks have invaded today the houses. But, it's alive.

The Main Square is one of the very few that is cut in streets. There is no continuation like in Medieval squares. this one is more the Rennaissance style.

Typical architecture in 17th century squares: reasonable lines of exact windows. And the Town Hall


Another town in our region, Valladolid, the administrative capital of the region. An industrial town that sprang when a Renault factory was built in the 60s.
The centre is a street net with houses from the 19th century. It's the Place where my Parents Live.

3 comments:

ivasil said...

It looks nice and strangely familiar. I like these pedestrian areas and they look alike in many towns. Only the Town Hall looks less universal, more Mediterranean.
Nice trip, thank you!

caluad said...

I've been living in Ávila for so long that I had almost forgotten what more crowded towns could offer us. And I felt happy during the short walk in Valladolid.

ivasil said...

I'm glad you did. Your photos are not very crowded, but I guess it is, compared to Avila!:)
I'm looking at the article about it in Wikipedia, to continue the imaginary journey and I have a question: why is the cathedral not finished.
I can see the similarities to Avila in buildings: the Santa Cruz Palace has typical elements and the Columbus house looks like your library (if I'm not confusing the building.)
Looks really nice!