Sunday 17 January 2010

Nature and Human Activity

http://blog.eun.org/avila/

Watching the devastation, suffering, death and poverty in Haiti after the earthquake I couldn't stop thinking about our degree of guiltiness. Nature is pitiless but human activity and ambition are also to blame: wild deforestation, insane construction, corruption.
This is why I remembered the first blog I started for the project Nature and Human Activity. Students, in their own way, studied our influence on environment. And here we are, facing one of the greatest catastrophes for the whole community.
What we do has consequences! Had our students learnt only this idea when they finished school, we could be proud of them!
Or not?

1 comment:

ivasil said...

We can never do too much for this, and hopefully they will learn.
It was a good blog. Seeing it reminded me of this project, it was a very nice idea. By the way,in Seville I'll speak at the "etwinning and Comenius" stand. I don't know who else will.