Sunday 24 January 2010

Sevilla

You are about to know a completely different part of Spain, where Muslim influence is the best heritage, like this tower. La Giralda.

Bells, a Christian architectonic element to call to prayer, show today's use as part of the Cathedral. Despite the change, one can still see the brick decoration on the walls.

And this is parat of the photo in the etwinning page: La Plaza de EspaƱa, built for the Iberoamerican Exhibition in 1929. This picture was taken 6 years ago in October. We were there for Halloween. Nice weather then, it could be rainy and cool in February.
I hope you enjoy your stay in Sevilla.

8 comments:

ivasil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ivasil said...

I wrote and sent the link to the finalists list both to my old and my new school. It seemed fair to let them both know. My new vice-principal congratulated me. My old colleagues did not answer.

caluad said...

They may not understand the meaning of it.

ivasil said...

Maybe, but saying "thanks" when someone informs you of anything requires no understanding- just manners and about 5 seconds. And they read the mail every day. Never mind. I don't care.

ivasil said...

Turns out it's not a good time to go to Seville- my mother-in-law is checking into the cancer hospital on Wednesday. She's not well, despite the chemotherapy. But it's too late to give up going and besides I payed for my plane ticket myself and there can be no refunding unless I go. I feel bad about it.

caluad said...

I'm really sorry to hear about this situation. I know you must feel bad. It's much more than the money thing, it is your work, your family, your expectations. Everything together.
Could I be any use, I would help you! But, I'm useless. sorry

ivasil said...

You are not. Thanks for the comment.

ivasil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.