Friday 21 May 2010

Simple pleasures

In these times, we have to rediscover the simple pleasures, the inexpensive ones. Like laying in the sun, on a bench- if only the rain would stop, it's been raining every day for a week.

The market was full of flowers this morning. Simple, cheap garden flowers- not roses or orchids: daisies, peonies, poppies. I purposely chose the least expensive ones, also because it's a colour you like. It's called "bride's flower" and a whole bunch cost me about 35 cents. Even so, some old ladies were pondering it- it means 2 loaves of the cheapest bread, and I don't know why old people always count everything in bread! It really looks like a bride, does it not, fresh and happy. Short-lived grace- it will be half-dead tomorrow and I will throw it- I rather throw flowers early than see them die.No, my cat is not a poetic soul- she just eats it!
OK, I've been trying to be optimistic- back to my corrections now!
Have a nice, simple, perfumed day, just like my flowers!

No comments: