Sunday 13 June 2010

Borrowed





Sometimes we "borrow" the hobbies of the ones we love, maybe as an effort to understand them better, maybe in our desire to share.
I have not got as far as to like trains, but I became truly fond of old cars. Perhaps because they stimulate my imagination and take me in times that might have been if not easier to live in, at least less alienating.
Anyway, I do enjoy their grace, their elegance and the stories they tell.
The photos are also borrowed from my son, Sorin was not so well and it was horribly hot to go out. But at 24 years old, 36 degrees are still OK.
I will only post a few, it might not be your cup of tea. Or is it? :)

3 comments:

ivasil said...

Look at the last one: must feel strange for this car to be parked in front of such a building.

caluad said...

Yes, I do like old cars.I can very well imagine me driving one of them with white cap and gloves, watching landscape pass by slowly.
By the way, there's a rally of old cars in the region. I don't know when they will be arriving in Ávila. If I can, I'll go and take some photos.

ivasil said...

First, if you dream to drive a convertible, which I would prefer even if I don't drive, please don't wear a long scarf around your neck! I'm joking.
Second, some of these were quite fast, as my son fell in love with a '63 Mustang that could reach 120 miles per hour.
It would be nice to see your photos.