Saturday 5 June 2010

Frustrating

Here is (on my small Maths site) what I have been working on for 3 afternoons and 2 half-nights.
It's an illustration for the formula for adding consecutive numbers (the purple squares) by adding the reversed sum. The 2 staircases form a rectangle whose area is easy to find: n*(n+1), so the sum is half of that.
I tried to make it for the Math group.The illustration is not a success and it requires more work, but it will stay like that because I decided I will not invest more of my life into it. It's very frustrating because what worked up to the 9th row did not work for the 10th. All was well until I closed the file, then the 10th row went mad, making weird shapes. When I tried to undo steps, I did not get to points I had been in, but in other situations. I must be a complete idiot. I gave up and stopped at n=9.
The group moderator was not able to explain how she did- she solved it in another way, but I wanted to do it my way. It took her a whole week to do it. As she was not able to help me embed the html in Blogger, even if she could do it in her blog.
It is very frustrating to follow instructions and get no result. And discussing Math in a foreign language is too much.
I MUST be a complete idiot.

5 comments:

ivasil said...

I managed it. The link goes to the good file now. Not that it means I'm not an idiot. Just a stubborn one.

ivasil said...

The elluminate session will surely e recorded. If it's any problem geeing the recording, I'll tell you what was discussed

ivasil said...

I asked- the link will be on the group page. Nothing important, anyway. Next session on the 16th probably. Bye.

caluad said...

whenever we achieve something a kind of rewarding feeling springs. so congratulations and thank you for the information on the session

ivasil said...

No valuable information- you would have seen it on your own anyway. Nothing to thank me for.