Tuesday 5 April 2011

Connections

The kids in ATOM are not my best group, but they react wonderfully to this. They enter the TS by themselves all the time and know what is going on there and on the blog, they write to me and ask for tasks details, they even offer me help when we have things to do. I scold them a lot, I am often angry, and still they never miss our extra hour.

Today, I gave them some trifles from Budapest: rulers, stickers, pins, cards, leaflets etc. As I was taking souvenirs out of the bag one by one they said: is there more? you are covering us wit gifts! Does it mean you are happy with our work?

More questions: will we have another project next year too? Could we join even if we are not good in Maths?
My favourite: If our Fibonacci book is published are we real poets now?

And Tania, the Flashmeeting girl, who is a handful, asked me last week: all in all, why are you doing all this with such passion, what's in it for you? It's getting to know them. Maybe it's silly. It's a kind of a turning point, so I tend to think of all these 5 and a half years and get a bit emotional.

2 comments:

caluad said...

Pieces of ourselves remain for ever in our activities and follow us.
Those kids in our classes, those yho made us angry, those who don't pay attention, those who laugh at other partners' mistakes, those kids of us are part of our lives. So, don't worry, they will also be there.

ivasil said...

A trail of crumbs we leave behind, but not breadcrumbs.