Wednesday 18 November 2009

Kilipirim






It's the name of a fair that takes place twice a year, a discount book, film and music fair. The name comes from "Chilipir", a word with Turkish origin meaning bargain, but also some unexpected gain. As you see, there was a bit of everything, from English books to old books, posters and old drawings.
The prices were more than affordable, some with 50% discount, some stands offered a free book for each one you bought- crisis effects. Of course books are one of the luxury items people tend to give up, so publishing houses have to make big efforts. There was also a place for donating and exchanging books and a Tibet and Himalaya photos exhibition. This is almost all I got- except for two posters and a CD!

8 comments:

ivasil said...

I deleted the post I had written yesterday, because I thought it would not be good for this blog. For the awards assessments to follow, for example. Besides, it was pointless: who cares for our difficulties? By the way, it's election day today. A new start? I doubt it. Goodbye.

caluad said...

In a global society everybody should care about everybody everywhere. I wish you luck with the new moment you are going to live

ivasil said...

"should" is the key word here.thanks.I have very little hope. But I voted.

ivasil said...

This is a joke: by "new moment" I hope you mean the elections and the effects they will bring, not the forced and not paid vacation the deleted post was about, right? That will be a new experience, too.

caluad said...

I never make jokes with hard situations. sorry if you perceived something like it

ivasil said...

NO, I did not. I was my joke- a bitter one. Trying to stay afloat.

ivasil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ivasil said...

There will be another round of the elections on the 6th. Until then, it's still a chaos, but we can still joke about this. This one I have just heard:
Letter to God
Dear God,
So far, this year you have taken away my favourite dancer, Michael Jackson,my favourite actor, Patrick Swayze and my favourite actress, Farah Fawcett.
Just for your info, my favourite politician is.....
Regards,
me