Thursday 18 February 2010

All Around


As I saw your photos I realized again how much Geometry is around us. Especially in your town. I'm quite taken with Geogebra these days, and I tend to see it everywhere. Here's a piece of the frontispice of your cathedral, just a game of recognizing shapes. And a suggestion, if you don't mind : you could add a Maths part in your Architecture project. I wish I had the time and the idea of taking more such photos when I was last there! I could use them in many ways. Well, that oprtunity is lost.
Thanks again for the photos.

6 comments:

ivasil said...

Maybe my suggestion is silly, I was just thinking that you have the right partners for that, and lots of images to work on. Sorry if it's a bad idea!Have a good day!

caluad said...

The project is not mine and the porject is not a project such as you and i understand it. I have not found the right word to describe it yet. I keep on thinking about the word and the philosophy about it. Perhaps the idea form the CSS about the number of projects on is a good one. Time is the same for everybody, a day has 24 hours everyshere. So, too much work means too little commitment and not so good resutls

ivasil said...

I see. I'm really sorry. I apologize again for making suggestions, I was just carried away by my enthusiasm for a new tool and touched by your nice photos.
My 2 projects this year are on "hold" right now, too. And it's a pity, because they had started really well. Maybe next year, if I have a new one, it won't be a Math one. Math teachers are too busy for projects, perhaps. But I might as well take a break.
Sorry again for my stupid ideas!

caluad said...

This is what I was complaining of! not going anywhere with such a project

ivasil said...

I know. It's frustrating and awkward because you have the students to think of. I've also been in a rather similar position, remember I told you I found myself alone in the middle of it without a word? But I am sure you can make something good out of it, and I'm sure you won't give up. Right?

ivasil said...

And I hope the Comenius will be much better!
Hey, it's Saturday night forget about projects! Carpe diem! :)