Wednesday 17 February 2010

Preparations

Spring flowers, butterflies, a ladybird, a cat, a chimney-sweeper and a horseshoe (for luck). This is what I prepared for the 11 girls in my tutor class. There are 12- the piglet in the right bottom corner will be just to tease a girl who is a real pest- always fighting, calling names, yelling. She will get the starfish in the end, because it's a very quiet and discreet animal.
The spring seems to forget it should be approaching this year, but I enjoy preparing these amulets and thinking of the meaning I could add to each one. And although (unlike the girls in school who pin all of them and look like a Xmas tree) I only wear the one from Sorin, usually, I enjoy getting them, keeping them and thinking what they could mean, unless it's an elephant, a pig or a witch on a broom!
Yours is on its way.

2 comments:

caluad said...

They are very colourful. Can the girls choose or will they be given a partivular one?
What will happen with the boys?
Getting vey angry with my future partners. I could call them my former-future partners because they have not finished sending me the information.

ivasil said...

I'm sorry to hear that. All of them? Maybe you still have enough serious ones for the project.
The boys are excluded from the amulets tradition, they are to offer, but not to receive. In fact, in the beginning, it was a good luck charm for the kids, and it was worn at the wrist or around the neck. I think i will distribute them, because if they get to choose there might be conflicts.
Oh, no success with the phone theft so far.
Don't get angry, it's not worth it!