Wednesday 24 March 2010

early xxth century

I was looking for some old material and I found this photo of me. I've been looking at it for some minutes. This uniform I was wearing was awful but I looked quite professional.
Was I about to call a student's family to report bad behaviour?
Was I about to call the Minister of Education to let him know I disagreed with their laws?
Was I about to ask for more coal for the central heating at school?
Not at all, it was the gesture we were told to have for this photo.
Nevertheless, I'm happy I kept it.

3 comments:

ivasil said...

First, it's not early xxth century, unless you are almost one hundred and you kept it as a secret! I'm joking.
But the photo is really nice. And yes, you look quite serious, with those huge eyes. For a second, I felt like a teacher faced with that kind of student who will not be easily fooled or convinced just because you're the teacher. This was just an instinctive reaction to that serious look. And I like that kind of student-teaching them is challenging and rewarding.
Thanks for sharing. Strange how these memories make us feel, is it not?

ivasil said...

How old were you here?

caluad said...

don't know and the photo is in an album. Perhaps 8? don't really know. I'll ask my mother.