Thursday 4 March 2010

If Math is musc to your ears...:)

The podcasting Learninglab seems to have been more useful than I had thought.
Since iPods are in every student's pocket, why not have some "Maths to Take Away"? My partner had a very nice idea on how to use the loudblog installation. My kids were very enthusiastic, although some of them are very shy and some have a funny accent. But I think it's a good start.
You can hear them here, if you have nothing better to do. It's always an honour for me to have people interested enough to take a look at what we're doing.

7 comments:

caluad said...

It's very nice listening to hem talking aobut such serious topics as "Maths problems" A good initiative. I wish you luck with it.

ivasil said...

Thanks. I would have preferred the other word...:)

ivasil said...

I'd like to have them make a very short movie on Moebius' band, but I have no idea what the steps for preparing a movie are I have never done it and I'm on my own. So, it might be too much for my skills. I wish I had a team! I envy you!

ivasil said...

A Greek pal of mine told me they sounded like in a Dracula movie. :)))She's right. It's Romglish. But it's my fault, I told them to speak clearly, poor things.

caluad said...

But Romglish is Ok as long as we understand each other. We are not bilingual, we are communicators. I like them anbd find they are very brave. Give my congratulations to them!

ivasil said...

Thank you very much, I will. It's very kind of you. Yes, they were brave and we'll all learn more about this kind of activity, hopefully.

ivasil said...

You know, my Greek pal did not mean to be mean. It was just a joke.
I'll deliver your congrats on Monday, if I can attend classes. We might make some more recordings. Bye.