Wednesday 24 March 2010

Technology

By coincidence, I was looking at this just now. Sorin found it as he was loking for some old documents in his mother's house, together with a few more old things such as his father's war decorations.
I guess its use is obvious. It only does additions and subtractions, but it's not very easy to use- at least, not for me. And it's anything but a pocket thing- rather big and heavy.
I cannot stop smiling thinking of my students using one of these instead of their mobile phones or tiny calculators.

3 comments:

caluad said...

I'm sure I would be useless with this calculator. but, anyway, it confirms the theory of human capacity to invent. It looks so complicated and it was designed to help.

ivasil said...

Imagine trying to cheat by using it under your desk. It makes noise, too. :)

ivasil said...

Here is something you might like: http://gajitz.com/just-your-type-11-gorgeous-unique-antique-typewriters/