Friday 19 March 2010

Fregatten Jylland



Coming from an interior area in the country, I'm not used to ships and I may have not understood the importance of the Jylland. The old harbour in Ebeltoft was important long ago. Nowadays, since ships are bigger they cannot enter it. But there is the museum and the Jylland to remind us of the sailing tradition in the area.
The Jylland is said to be the world's longest wooden ship and it is. They keep on a constant care. On the other side, schools and tourists visits are held as a way to show and teach about history, whcih I found very interesting. Not only battles, but sailors' daily life, royal guests and their rooms. Imagination can be triggered by what you see and what you smell.
We went in the morning for a tourist visit and in the evening for the farewell dinner. It was lovely. A warm atmosphere, music, songs, good food and good wine. I had not mentioned I was vegetarian and I couldn't eat much. Deer and kangaroo were offered. Thankfully there was a great variety of vegetables and mushrooms. Lorenzo with his "dulzaina" would have matched there. But I sang together with the other Spanish teacher a short song.
I think, more or less, I have already given you a visual report of the visit. Questions are welcome!
Hope the Kangaroo you had today was good enough!

4 comments:

ivasil said...

I am not done with the work today, but I could not resist. I loved this video because I love ships. Must be something from another life, or because the first book I remember reading by myself was Jack London's "Sea Wolf". Anyway, I have a real fascination for boats, particularly old ones.
I would have loved to be there. I would have dreamed myself on sea for many nights! Lucky you!
So, you sang! :) I hope Danish are brave people. Sorry, I could not help teasing you.
Please, tell me where you take the sounds from! I'm biting my nails.
Kangaroo? How come they served that? Poor thing!

ivasil said...

I meant to ask about the sounds from your videos, in my previous comment- where do you take them from, they are SO good!
Sorry if I was not very coherent. I was just tired and wanted to say more in few words, and I almost never succeed in that.

caluad said...

Believe it or not I'm not a bad singer. Just, I don't like singing, this is a part of me that I have never developed. I might start when I retire.
I understood your question aobut the osunds in the movies, but I was not completely sure. Now I am. I always make the movies with the application in my Powerbook: iMovie HD and it has three sets of sounds ready to be chosen if you click on audio. I also have another application in the ocmputer to create my own music: Garage Band, I had only used it once, but not for these videos.
and of ocurse the iMovie will accept any song I have in iTunes. so, it's not my oding but what there is in the computer.

ivasil said...

I AM a bad singer, and a very shy one, although I like music. And I have no musical memory, I cannot recognize a piece even if I hear again and again, especially instrumental ones. This is something I really hate, like a handicap. Imagine going to a concert and not recognizing well-known pieces.
I just could not find anything else to tease you about, so I was restricted to this. :)
Thanks for the answer about the sounds, I cannot use those, unfortunately. I hoped you took them from the web, I know a site with free sound samples, but not so nice ones.
Did you have the trip? After the Pi Day, shopping, cooking, some work for the upcoming seminar and a translation, I have to clean the house now. New adventures await for me tomorrow. If I live.