Saturday 10 April 2010

A day in the Museum....Reina Sofía



Reina Sofía Museum in Madrid hosts contemporary art from Spain and abroad. From the historical point of view, the museum is a kind of book, especially for the art during the Civil War and the repulsion felt by painters and photographers. Guernica painting is there. The old building: The Sabatini building was a hospital and it keeps the structure. The new building with great surfaces in glass, grey and red steel is a good example of contemporary architecture.
And Madrid was blooming everywhere yesterday.

4 comments:

ivasil said...

Interesting, thank you. Makes me want even more to visit Madrid some
day. And I like the glass, grey and red combination.
Sounds like you had a nice day and got a lot of material for your project.

caluad said...

I'm not sure it will be for the project. I decided to have my students working on Ávila architecture. But it could be added as an example, the same way I did with the link you sent me for Easter.
But we had a nice day in Madrid, although I was exhausted at the end. Old age doesn't spare anybody!

ivasil said...

It's spring, everyone feels tired, regardless of the age, after such a winter. I hope your allergies are not bothering you.
Were your daughters with you?

caluad said...

Lucía was with us, Adela was in the library studying and then we took her in our way back to Ávila.
all the allergies in the world are bothering me this year: eyes and nose in a terrible state. And I'm not the only one, there's been a lot of this this year. Patience!