Sunday 11 April 2010

Sighisoara

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Sighisoara
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow customized with Smilebox

I chose photos that will not show it, but it was disappointing seeing it again. All the places I love are still there: the clock tower, the town's symbol, the covered stairs gallery, built in the 16th century to allow students to climb to the uphill school, the churches, the walls. But it all looked neglected, except for the souvenir stands.
A lot of things in Sighisoara are about Dracula, and for real historical reasons, but the name mentioned is rarely the one of the historical character. You can eat "Dracula's Stake" in the house where Vlad the Impaler's father lived and I was tempted to buy a T-shirt reading "Romania- the country of Dracula" for you to wear during your future Comenius visit. It would have been perfect.
Sorry, I am just teasing you. But I was really disappointed. I might not go there for a while.

6 comments:

caluad said...

You'll go again!, you'll see! It's a pity how we can get unhappy because what we had in mind is not there any longer.But sometimes, it is very difficult to get the perfect image for the whole time. At least, not the perfect image we remember. I feel the same.

ivasil said...

Maybe I've sen too many nice places lately to keep feeling the same for a shabby old citadel-it's been over 10-12 years since I fell in love with it. Maybe I need more now, I'm spoiled. It's my fault, perhaps.
Thanks for the answer. Have a nice easy week!

ivasil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caluad said...

No problem with the link. It's already deleted.

ivasil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ivasil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.