Friday 4 February 2011

Cookies


Even if I do manage my mind, my body feels when I'm angry and reacts. So, today I decided to fight anger by baking. I opened my grandma's notebook at the very first page: the simplest dry raisins cookies, risk-free- you cannot fail in such a simple recipe. Here they are, after a short wile, in my sunny (oh, yes! we have sun today) kitchen. I cannot send the nice smell or the real taste, but it was a nice break, and my grandma was with me. When they got ready, I even had a taster, because Sorin is at home these days.
You can also see my recently started collection of tin coloured boxes from Europe- silly, I know. If it's not too much to ask, maybe some day you can send me a box from the Spain- just the box. :)
You are right, simple things are soothing, sometimes. Have a cookie with me!

2 comments:

caluad said...

They look delicious! so, you openend the tins and started baking? A good idea. I'll send you a Spanish box. I used to have a couple of them, I'll look for it.

ivasil said...

Thanks. I'm a bit ashamed for asking for a tin. We have a proverb: the one who requests (begs-I can't find the right word) will not perish, but won't have a good reputation either