Saturday 26 February 2011

How could you?

This time, I brought the green envelope home, because I did not know what to expect. I went into my kitchen, took the cat out and closed the door. I opened the parcel, and the brown bag, took out the suitcase and carefully opened it. Suddenly, my eyes popped out and my jaw dropped- a whole crowd was staring at me from in there: Alice, the Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat, even the White Rabbit with his clock. It was a long moment of silence before I started laughing. I stopped after a while and looked at each of them, then at the card, then I went to show them to Sorin, who of course could not understand what it was all about. I’m looking at the details: the beads on the Queens crown, her face, the rabbit’s ears, the cat’s grin.

How could you? How could you waste all that time just for me?

You bet they will all come to the Conference with me, and I even got an idea what to say at the prize ceremony due to them. I only have one question: do they all need a passport in order to travel to Budapest legally?


P.S. Have I thanked you yet?

2 comments:

caluad said...

you see, it was not much. Just entertainment for both of us. You know I'm not keen on wasting time! It was really a great pleasure to invest my time on this small family.
I wouldn't care too much about passports, they are world citizens because they are magic.
Enjoy them.

ivasil said...

I will. :)