Tuesday 4 November 2008

A rainy evening walk

Despite the dark rainy evening ahead, I put on my boots, my waterproof jacket and hat and went out into the street. It was already raining, a thin curtain of rain surrounded me. I walked energetically to avoid cold, although I wouldn't say it was cold.
My steps took me to the Hervencias park with its pond. and there they were: this family of white swams. The peacefully cross the small pond from one side to the other under the careful surveillance of the big one. Perhaps the mother.
I stopped to look and them. The rain got stronger and snowy and I kept on walking under my umbrella.
When I came back the swams were doing exactly the same. Was it a kind of lesson?
How intelligent of them to move and move before getting into their liittle house! They won't be cold tonight.
Sleep well, creatures of our towns, sleep well.

1 comment:

ivasil said...

They are our neighbours, we should treat them accordingly.
I love swans. They have a grace and a sort of mystery.
I saw on TV that dozens and dozens of swans have found shelter on a lake near Bucharest. It's not a Place they usually Live In, so this is amazing for the locals and an attraction for the town inhabitants who come to watch their dance on the Swan Lake. I'd like to go and see them too but I can't this week. I hope they will stay some more!